Your smile is the first thing that people notice about you. It acts like your personal business card. A good smile is a source of pride as well as a boost to your self-confidence. You probably feel the opposite way about your smile if you have some issues with how your teeth look. No one has perfectly straight teeth, but some have straighter teeth than others. For those whose teeth are not straight, metal braces have been the go-to recommended fix. While metal braces do the job, they are not the most sightly devices. This can be an issue if you depend on your appearance for professional and personal reasons. Invisalign clear braces are a solution for you if you need to have your teeth straightened but do not want metal braces attached to your teeth. Call our Norco, LA dental office at 985-764-7066 to schedule your Invisalign Norco, LA area appointment today.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign clear braces are a clear alternative to the standard metal braces that you may be used to seeing. They are clear, removable, plastic aligners that gently move your teeth back into their proper positions over time. Some of the issues Invisalign can help with include:
- Crooked or misaligned teeth
- Gaps in your teeth
- Protruding teeth
- Overbite or underbite
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign braces use a modern approach to straightening your teeth. You will have a set of clear, plastic aligners made specifically for you. These aligners will gradually move your teeth back into proper alignment. The steps involved are as follows:
- Find an Invisalign provider in your area – Dr. Calvin Bessonet of Apple Street Dental is an Invisalign provider in the Norco, LA area. You and Dr. Calvin Bessonet will meet to complete a smile assessment before you begin treatment.
- Create a custom treatment plan – Once you have completed your smile assessment, Dr. Calvin Bessonet will develop a custom treatment plan for you. This will lay out the schedule for how you will go from your current smile to the smile you deserve to have.
- Custom set of aligners are made and provided for you – A custom set of Invisalign clear aligners will be manufactured for you based on the custom treatment plan Dr. Calvin Bessonet laid out for you.
- Change your aligners every two weeks – Every two weeks you will change to a new set of aligners. This will gently move your teeth into alignment over the course of time. Twelve months is the average amount of time for treatment. Dr. Calvin Bessonet will determine your actual time.
- Smile with confidence – At this point, your smile will be lined up and ready to show off. You will have the type of smile you want and deserve.
Advantages of Invisalign Clear Braces
While Invisalign clear braces and traditional metal braces are both effective for straightening teeth, Invisalign has some very clear advantages over standard metal braces.
- Virtually invisible to those around you: No unsightly metal braces to feel self-conscious about.
- Removable for easy cleaning: Aligners easily come out for cleaning.
- Eating whatever you want while wearing Invisalign: Unlike traditional braces, there are no food restrictions.
- Brushing and flossing your teeth just as you would without braces: No hassle brushing and flossing.
- Unsurpassed comfort due to the smooth, plastic construction: No sharp metal edges or wires in your mouth to cause discomfort.
Invisalign clear braces for adults and teens are the choice for those who need some help straightening their teeth but don’t want everyone around them to know it. The level of comfort and freedom you will enjoy with Invisalign cannot be matched by traditional metal braces. Contact Apple Street Dental at 985-764-7066 to schedule an Invisalign Norco, LA area consultation today. You can can also use our contact formto get in touch with Dr. Calvin Bessonet and his team. We look forward to helping you get the smile you deserve!