There are many cosmetic dentistry options available to help you improve the appearance of your smile. A solution that fixes anything from stained teeth to a worn down or a chipped tooth to consider are dental veneers. Dr. Calvin Bessonet and his team at Apple Street Dental will answer any questions you may have regarding the veneer process. Call our dental office at 985-764-7066 to schedule your dental veneers consultation in Norco, LA today.
What are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are thin coverings of material, usually porcelain, that are bonded to the front of your existing teeth to improve their appearance. Apple Street Dental offers both e.max veneer and porcelain veneer.
Porcelain veneers do a wonderful job of blending with your remaining teeth. The light reflects more naturally off of porcelain veneers, which enhances their natural look. In order to bond the veneer, we will first remove a thin layer of enamel to make room for your veneer to be placed.
Our e.max veneers are stain-resistant. This type of dental veneers is stronger and also more thinly cut than standard porcelain veneers. This means that we’ll remove less natural enamel prior to the bonding process.
What do veneers do?
Veneers are used to fix problem areas on the surface of your teeth. Here are some examples of issues that veneers are a suitable solution for:
- Chipped or broken teeth – Veneers are able to mask a chip or crack on your tooth to make it look like nothing has happened.
- Tooth discoloration – Many times a veneer is used instead of teeth whitening if the discoloration is more than simple staining. Some types of discolorations are caused by a variety of factors that can’t be corrected another way. Talk with Dr. Bessonet to find out if veneers are the right option for you and your situation.
- Worn or short teeth – This happens to people from time to time. Over the course of your life, you may find that diet, teeth grinding, and other factors have worn your teeth down. This condition can be caused by genetics as well. Whatever your situation, veneers are an effective option that will allow you to get the full length of your teeth back.
- Uneven or misshapen teeth – This refers to teeth that have irregularities on their surfaces or with their shape. Bulges or craters on the tooth surface is an example of this type of irregularity.
- Gaps between teeth – Instead of braces or an alignment treatment, veneers can be used to close the gap between teeth that are spread too far apart.
What is the veneer process like?
The veneer process is like most dental procedures: It all starts with a consultation with Dr. Calvin Bessonet to determine if it is the right solution for your situation. If veneers are recommended for you, Dr. Calvin Bessonet will go over the procedure with you.
The veneer process will take at least two visits. During your initial visit, Dr. Calvin Bessonet will make an impression of your teeth that will be receiving veneers. That impression will then be sent out to a lab to have your custom dental veneers manufactured. Once your veneers return, another appointment will be scheduled to bond them to your teeth. This is the final step in the veneer process.
Your veneer will not require any type of special treatment. Brush, floss, and rinse with a dentist-recommended mouthwash just as you normally would. You will want to be careful with what you eat, however, as veneers could be damaged by certain hard foods.
Dr. Calvin Bessonet and his team at Apple Street Dental are looking forward to helping you achieve the smile you have always wanted with our dental veneers in Norco, LA. Call us today at 985-764-7066 to schedule an appointment. You can also leave us a message using our online contact form. We look forward to hearing from you.